The Angelus - Authority at Risk
While authority has been rebelled against since the time of the angels, the pervasive nonchalance and outright disgust towards our leaders is only snowballing.
Excerpt from the publisher:
“Why would I have to do this? Can’t I do what I want with my time?’ These and similar reflections are commonly heard coming from the lips of teenagers, today, as yesterday. Is this simply because of a generational gap? Is it indicative of a perennial difficulty elders have in understanding their subjects? It seems to be rather the perennial paradox of harmonizing individual liberties with social authority.
Theme: Authority at Risk
- Fatherly Authority by Randall C. Flanery, Ph.D.
- “Learn from me”: Aspects of Authority in Frankenstein by Andrew J. Clarendon
- The Good of Authority by Brian M. McCall
- Music on the Rocks by Dr. Andrew Childs
- A Treacherous Dilemma by Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, SSPX
Faith and Morals
- Feasts of Our Lady: The Immaculate Conception by Fr. Christopher Danel
- Cost Benefit Analysis by Robert Morrison
- Pope St. Pius X: Our Apostolic Mandate - Excerpts from "Our Apostolic Mandate" by Pope St. Pius X
- Secularism by Mrs. Elizabeth Spencer
- The Authority of the Benedictine Abbot by a Benedictine Monk
- Misacantano —A Poem by José de Valdivielso
- St. Andrew In Art by Dr. Marie-France Hilgar
- Pious Mugging: Legitimate Authority, Arbitrary Power, and Protestantism by Dr. John Rao
- Questions and Answers by Fr. Juan-Carlos Iscara, SSPX
News from Tradition
- Church and World
- Canon Law and Pastoral Theology of Marriage by Fr. François Knittel, SSPX
- The Last Word by Fr. Daniel Couture, SSPX