The Angelus: The Middle East
What are the reasons for conflict in the Middle East and its repercussions in the Western world? How much will immigration destabilize the old continent? These and other related topics frame this issue of our journal.
Excerpt from the publisher:
The Middle East is the cradle of the Christian Faith. This vast region, including not only Jerusalem but also Damascus and Babylon, is the theater of familiar biblical history. But, for the last 1400 years, it has been overrun by the Quran, which imposes its despotic rule over vast expanses of the Fertile Crescent. If Islam tries to present a soft face to the gullible West, it always reverts to Muhammad’s logic of holy war against and servitude of the “infidels”."
Theme: The Middle East
- Archbishop Lefebvre and the Muslims in Senegal by Bishop Bernard Tissier de Mallerais, SSPX
- The Situation of Chaldean Christians in Iraq Interview with a priest of the Chaldean Catholic Church
- A Closer Look at Immigration Interview with Fr. Gregory Celier, SSPX
- Christians in the Middle East by Gabriel S. Sanchez
Faith and Morals
- Orientalium Dignitas Excerpts from Pope Leo XIII’s encyclical Orientalium Dignitas
- Mount Carmel by Fr. Christopher Danel
- Bastion of the Faith by Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, SSPX
- A Novel Commandment: “Thou Shalt not Discriminate” by R. Pa (SiSiNoNo, Sept. 15 2016)
- Test your Mastering Ability over Modern Media by Fr. Philippe Bourrat
- The Pilgrimage of Life by a Benedictine Monk
- Saint John the Baptist in Art by Dr. Marie-France Hilgar
- Islam and the American Civil Religion by Dr. John Rao
- Education in Cleanliness by SSPX Sisters
Questions and Answers
- What age is required for being a godparent at baptism?
- Are the Orthodox churches opposed to contraception?
- Is it sinful for a Catholic American citizen to marry an illegal immigrant?
News from Tradition
- Amoris Laetitia: The Confusion Continues
- More Nonsense Regarding Martin Luther
- The Collapse Continues
- Converting Muslims in Lebanon by Fr. Patrice Laroche, SSPX
Letter to the Editor
The Last Word by Fr. Daniel Couture, SSPX