The Angelus: Papacy and Sedevacantism
Why choose to address the question of the papacy in a Catholic magazine? Aren’t all readers sharing the same faith and accepting of the Pope's Authority?
Excerpt from the publisher:
This issue, therefore, aims firstly at extolling the supernatural privileges granted to the pilot who steers the helm of St. Peter’s boat. The Holy Father, for all his personal shortcomings, is Christ’s representative on earth and must be venerated as such. He holds the Fisherman’s ring, with power to open and close Heaven’s gates. In his truly magisterial statements, his sharp word divides between the marrow and the sinew; he defines truth and condemns fallacy. To the Church—arguably to the papacy itself—Christ bestowed the promises of indefectibility, that is to say, that the Church would last till the end time."
Theme: The Papacy and Sedevacantism
- On the Church and the Pope by Roger-Thomas Calmel, O.P.
- Magisterium or Living Tradition? A False Dilemma by Fr. Jean-Michel Gleize, SSPX
- The Crisis of Collegiality by Gabriel S. Sanchez
- Fifteen Questions from Men, 15 Answers from the Pope by Fr. Phillipe Toulza, SSPX
Faith and Morals
- Archbishop Lefebvre and the Bishops by Bishop Bernard Tissier de Mallerais
- Feasts of Our Lady: The Assumption by Fr. Christopher Danel
- Pastor Aeternus Excerpts from Pastor Aeternus by Pope Pius IX, Council Vatican I, Session 4, July 18, 1870
- A Dominican in Time of Crisis by Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, SSPX
- Faith in the Benedictine Abbot by a Benedictine Monk
- Dispute around a Dunghill by Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, SSPX
- Religious Ignorance A Lenten sermon by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
- Cultural Patronage: Music and the Papacy by Dr. Andrew Childs
- Harmony Between Parents by SSPX Sisters
- Questions and Answers by Fr. Juan-Carlos Iscara, SSPX
News from Tradition
- Church and World
- The Question of Papal Heresy by Fr. Jean-Michel Gleize, SSPX
- The Last Word by Fr. Daniel Couture, SSPX