September 2016 - District Superior's Letter
Fatima and the Social Kingship
Dear Friends and Benefactors,
When the King of Heaven sends the Queen of His Heart on a mission on earth, it means there are many things to deal with. In the case of Fatima, Sister Lucia has clearly expressed it to Fr. Fuentes in 1957: “The Holy Rosary and devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary are our two last recourses, and so this means there will be no others... With a certain trepidation God offers us the final means of salvation, His Most Holy Mother.” (The Whole Truth about Fatima, Brother Michael, vol. 2)
In the coming months we will speak much of Fatima. This time, I would like to insist on one aspect, seldom spoken of, it seems. We find there a true antidote to the nefarious error of the separation of Church and State, also called secularization, that is, the separation between the spiritual and the temporal orders, which is precisely the evil of our days, and which is perfectly summarized in the title of Archbishop Lefebvre’s book, They have uncrowned Him.
A number of times at Fatima, the Blessed Virgin Mary gets involved in, what we can call, political matters in order to make her Divine Son, King of Nations, reign. In fact, a close look at this reveals that this is surely the main cause of the delay to consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart. It goes against religious liberty, against the secularization of States, or what has also been called, the ‘autonomous social space’.
Let us look at some well-known texts where the Queen of heaven and earth gets involve in the temporal order:
- From the very first apparition: “Pray the Rosary every day, in order to obtain peace for the world, and the end of the war”. (May 13, 1917).
- In the famous secret of July 13, let us re-read these famous passages insisting on that particular aspect: “God wishes to establish in the world devotion to My Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end, but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the reign of Pius XI. (…) I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart. If My requests are heeded, Russia will be converted and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions against the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated. In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, and she will be converted, and a certain period of peace will be granted to the world. In Portugal, the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved, etc (sic).”
In 1931, Our Lord will declare to Sister Lucia: "Make it known to My ministers that, given they are following the example of the King of France in delaying the execution of My request, they shall follow him into misfortune. It will never be too late to have recourse to Jesus and Mary.” (The Whole Truth about Fatima, Brother Michael, vol. 3)
Brother Michael, whose authoritative study we are following, gives the deep reason of the opposition to Fatima, which originated from Fr. Dhanis S.J. in 1945: “ ‘Schismatic as a religious unity, and Marxist as a political unity, Russia could not be consecrated by the Pope, without this act taking on the air of a challenge, both in regard to the separated hierarchy, as well as to the Union of Soviet Republics. This would make the consecration practically unrealizable.’ Since such an impolitic and anti-ecumenical request was morally impossible by reason of the reactions it would normally provoke, how could it come from Heaven?” (The Whole Truth about Fatima, Brother Michael, vol. 1)
However, did Our Lord not receive “all power in heaven and on earth” (Mt 28:19)? By asking the consecration of Russia, Our Lady simply wants to hand over this country to her Divine Son. On the contrary, by blocking it, the modern critics are shouting like the Jews of old: “We do not want Him to reign over us” (Lk 19:14) !
Read through this angle, the story of Fatima clearly shows that its message is at the very heart of our battle for the Social Kingship of Christ. May this encourage us to greater generosity in our present Rosary Crusade until next August 22.
News from the District: Here is the list of the Canadian priories with the reassigned priests since last August 15
|Centre Saint Joseph,
Abbé Daniel Couture,
Abbé Patrick Groche
Abbé Richard Vachon
Abbé Roger Guéguen
|École Sainte-Famille, Lévis, QC
Abbé Olivier Berteaux, directeur et
Abbé Jules Bélisle, District Bursar
Abbé Médard Bie Bibang
Abbé Romain Pons
|St. Michael’s Priory, Toronto, ON
Fr. Dominique Boulet, prior
Fr. Freddy Méry
Fr. Marc Potvin
|Our Lady of Mount Carmel,
New Hamburg, ON
Fr. David Sherry, director
Fr. Sean Gerrity
St Raphael’s Priory, Winnipeg, MB
|Immaculate Heart of Mary Priory,
Fr. Emanuel Herkel, prior
Fr. Matthew Stafki
Fr. Jonathan Prescott
Fr. Marcel Stannus
|Christ the King Priory, Vancouver, BC
Fr. Paul Morgan, prior
Fr. Gerard Rusak
- Sept. 23-24 Pilgrimage to the Canadian Martyrs, in Midlands, ON.
- Oct. 8-9 Journées Québécoises du Christ-Roi, at Sandman Hotel, Longueuil, near Montréal, QC. Our second Congress in honour of Christ the King. Come in great numbers!
- Nov. 18-26 Confirmation circuit across Canada by Bishop de Galaretta
All for the glory of God and for the triumph of His Immaculate Mother.
Fr. Daniel Couture